Are You New to Scouts?
Welcome to the Black Swamp Area Council, Boy Scouts of America!
The Boy Scouts of America is the nation’s foremost youth program of character development and values-based leadership training. Scouting is unique because it allows entry at any age, from 7 years on up, and at any skill level in a child’s development. Scouting also has longevity. It is common for several members of the same family, even generations, to follow each other into Scouting. And it’s not unusual to find Scouts who have made a 10- to 12-year commitment to Scouting. Scouting’s vision and promise will continue to:
- Offer young people responsible fun and adventure
- Instill in young people lifetime values and develop in them ethical character as expressed in the Scout Oath and Law
- Train young people in citizenship, service and leadership
- Serve America’s communities and families with its quality, values-based program
There are many ways that you can stay informed!
- This website is a large part of our communication. Through the website, you can register for events and trainings, and read the latest updates about Scouting in our area.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to the E-Signals newsletter
I Am New To: