Klondike Derby Update

December 10, 2020


Klondike Derby Postponed

Dear Scouts BSA member –

We hope your final few weeks of 2020 are wrapping up nicely, and that you are looking forward to the holiday season.  We are excited to put 2020 in the rearview mirror, and hope that 2021 brings back many of the fun Scouting activities that we enjoy!

Unfortunately, with the COVID-19 increases over recent weeks, and the trend only expected to carry on into the first few months of the new year, we have made the difficult decision to postpone the 2021 Klondike Derby.  In November, we presented a plan to the Hancock County Health Department to hold the event as scheduled, but with serious modifications.  Despite the plans we developed to provide a safe and sanitary event, their recommendation back to us was to not hold the event and have large groups of people together.

With that said, the Camping Committee is hard at work re-designing the Klondike yet again.  The re-scheduled date for the 2021 Klondike Derby will be Saturday, April 10th, at Camp Berry.  Please mark your calendars now!

Jody Taylor (jodytaylor449@gmail.com) and Dave Hirschfeld (dhirsch@nktelco.net) will be co-chairing the event.  If you have any questions, please contact them.  They hope to have event details available in the next few weeks.

From all of us on the Council Program Team, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!