BLACK SWAMP AREA COUNCIL GENERAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO ALL REFUNDS
• No refunds will be issued for activities where promotion literature states “No refunds”.
• Deposits are non-refundable.
• All monies are refundable if the council or district cancels an event.
• Refund requests for rescheduled events due to weather conditions will be dealt with on an individual basis, partial refunds can be granted after incurred expenses for the event have been taken into consideration.
• Transferring fees from one person to another within the same unit for the same program is permissible. Fees are not transferable from one event to another.
• No refund request for any event or facility will be accepted more than 14 days after the conclusion of the event. For resident camps, each session or week is considered a separate event.
• Any refund granted will be credited back to the source of the original payment. i.e., Credit card back to credit card, check back to checking account, etc.
• Valid reasons for requesting a refund include:
o Death in family, or
o Change in business plans.
• In no event shall any refund be made for any reason if the cost of the event has not been completely met. If substitution for participation in the event has been secured, then full refund may be made to the individual originally registered.
• Any refunds granted will be reduced by the cost of any deposit plus the cost of any materials already procured.
• Refunds will not be made for late arrivals or early departures.
• All requests for refunds of money must be made in writing to the Black Swamp Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. Supporting receipts must accompany the request.